Thursday, August 1, 2013

Fire Alarms in the Paul Allen/Annex Buildings

This morning, around 3:30 am, there was a fire alarm in the Annex. This
was caused by burning food in a microwave. For safety purposes, any
fire alarm will shut off all process gases to the building, the Annex
labs as well as the cleanroom. Staff responded and were in the process
of resetting process gases when another fire alarm went off shortly
before 6 am. This was for hydrogen sensors which were triggered by blow
off following a liquid hydrogen delivery this morning. The Fire
Department responded and reset the alarms. The maintenance staff has
now reset the gases.

From about 3:30 this morning until around 6:30 or so, there were no
process gases, including hydrogen and oxygen. If you were running any
processes during this time requiring any hydrogen, oxygen, or hazardous
gases, it is likely your material is affected. Please check your
experiments carefully before continuing with your process. Feel free to
consult with staff members about any questions.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. We continue to work with our
supplier on resolving the hydrogen blow off issue.

Your SNF Staff

Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
Paul G. Allen Bldg 141, Mail Code 4070
Stanford, CA 94305

No comments:

Post a Comment